
Hello everyone! Here is our first baby blog! We just officially announced we're having a baby. Stephany is 8 weeks along today. So we're super excited. She is doing good, no morning sickness yet (knock on wood), and she's feeling pretty good. She gets tired a lot, and because of her bad back, her back hurts a little bit more than usual. But other than that, we're good...or should I say she's good. My goal is not to gain the 20 lbs men gain when their wives are pregnant. Which surprisingly enough, it's kind of hard. Because when she eats, I'm like, "Well, what's another taco..." or whatever food she's eating. And next thing you know, your pants are a little tighter. So that's my goal. Not to gain weight. =)
So since she's eight weeks along, I thought I'd share a couple things about our little baby at eight weeks. This is taken from "Your Pregnancy: Week by week" by Glad B. Curtis M.D., M.P.H. and Judith Schuler, M.S. We're reading this book and it takes you on the journey of pregnancy. Tells you what to expect, etc. It's a nice book. So as of this week, our baby is the size of a pinto bean. Eyes are forming and it already has little finger slits and elbows. In the heart, the aortic and pulmonary valves are forming and in the lungs, the lung tubes have "branched". Crazy!!!!! The baby is actually becoming a person. That's crazy for me to think about. As for me, and this is just a blanket statement, but I have to believe more in God and of God when you look at this stuff. I don't know how else you can explain it. I'm sure there are very intellectual ways to explain it. But for me, it just deepens my faith and my dependence on God.
So that's about all for an update. I'll try to update once a week or more just to give people updates. (I do write about other stuff on here, so feel free to check it out and comment).
Well, have a great weekend and come back next week.
VM
2 comments:
Thats is really exciting! Congrats on the new baby. I hope all is well!
Congrats to you both. Very exciting and life changing. And when you get the chance, I invite you to check out ahamoment.com, a site created by Mutual of Omaha to highlight inspirational stories and aha moments of all kinds. I think you're in for one with the birth of your child.
All the best,
jack@ahamoment.com
Post a Comment